Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Grandma's Diaper Cakes

So, I know this post is WAY different than anything I've done before, but this is really cool.

My Grandma Karen has been making diaper cakes for over 10 years now. I've sat by her side and watched her make these amazing cakes, and now I'm helping her by setting up a website and facebook account for her business.
This is a photo of one of her girl cakes. Super cute, huh?
The cowboy cake is one of her most popular. She's always having to buy new boots.
She also makes gender-neutral cakes like ducks, frogs, and bears!
My Grandma K's cakes are amazing and she spends her time customizing it for you. Her diapers aren't rolled into cylinders like some of the ones you see online. She rolls them so they actually look like layers of cake. No hot glue is used on her cakes, either. She attaches all of her items with safety pins and curly ribbon. 
So, do me a favor and go check our her company website: Diaper Cakes by Design
Also, go LIKE her on Facebook.

2 comments:

Magnolia said...

What a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing!

tappingflamingo said...

how cute