Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Wedding Cake (and other wedding pictures)

Here's my BEAUTIFUL cake! Made by my Mother in law Linda McClure. 
Ms. Linda, as I've probably said before, is the pioneer of electronic cutters for cakes. Visit her website or blog


Here's my handsome husband.

Here's an okay picture of my dessert bar. 
Everyone wiped out our cupcakes, that's why there aren't hardly any on my cake plates (That I MADE). 
I borrowed this cute piece of furniture from my grandma and turned this into a cute display. Remember the banners I made? That's one of them!


Anyways, Justin and I have finally gotten settled in our new apartment, and celebrated our one month anniversary yesterday. We haven't killed each other yet, and my cooking hasn't killed him. LOL

Now that the wedding is over, I'm wondering where to go with this blog. Any ideas?

Because of dietary restrictions, I have to cook with low sodium (salt). Which means that I usually have to make things from scratch (can't used canned sauces, pre-made freezer meals, etc). I've thought about blogging about my adventures with cooking, along with everyday life. What do you think?


2 comments:

Jessica said...

I think blog about what you like. I bet others with the same dietary restrictions would like to have others share their journey/successful and failure meals.
Also, just being a newlywed presents lots of fodder for blogs, as long as you are loving in the posts :)

Katie E. said...

You could blog about your first year of marriage. It's a great year, but so hard in some ways. I remember waking up one morning and going, okay, now we're married...what's next. It was a little scary.