Friday, April 22, 2011

DIY Fun with Doilies

Sorry it has been so long since I posted! It's the end of the semester and things are getting crazy!!

So, a few weeks back I came across a tutorial on Tatertots and Jello. It was actually a guest posting from Erin at Lemon Tree Creations. She created this AWESOME doily mobile for a nursery, but I'm taking her idea and applying it to my wedding. 

As I showed you all earlier, I found some really cute fabric that goes well with my colors and my vintage/antique-y look that I'm going for with my wedding. Here's what I made!


I hung a few from the chandelier in our dining room so you can get a feel for what it would look like.





Cool, huh?
I'm going to hang them in the gazebo for our reception up north!
I'm also thinking about twisting this idea again and make chair ties (instead of sashes/bows).

Well, that's all I have for now. I hope everyone has a great Easter!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Those look so great! I love the way they turned out and they are going to be amazing hanging from tree branches or wherever you put them!

Unknown said...

Love it! I've never seen anything like these before--a lot more fresh than those tissue paper puffs that everyone's doing nowadays:)

Jennifer Ebert said...

These would be so cute with some lights around them also! Such a cute idea!

Saying I do said...

those look fantastic!!

Erin A said...

They are so lovely!! They turned out PERFECTLY, and pretty easy too, right? :) Love the colors and patterns, I bet your wedding will be just gorgeous!!

You should link a picture of them up to our Flickr page. We go through and feature the Flickr projects pretty regularly so you would be able to show them off to the other readers as well. :)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1478253@N20/pool/

Have a great weekend, and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

Erin :)
LTC